Children are often afraid of the dentist, but creating good dental habits early on will help to ensure better oral health later in life.
- If your child plays sports, check out this study on mouth guard use and dental health from the National Institute of Dental Research.
- Learn about the types of injuries that can occur without a mouth guard in this informative piece from Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
- Is your child anxious about going to the dentist? Learn how nitrous oxide can help ease jumpy nerves in this article from the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry.
- MSNBC discusses the age at which kids get braces. Is your child ready?
- Read this piece by the Columbia University College of Dental Medicine to help your kids take care of their teeth through nutrition.
For more information about taking care of your child’s teeth, check out these resources or call Best Kids Dentist at (718) 491-5300.